Sports, Movies, Features, History, Travel, TV, Churches




Saturday, January 9, 2010

Planning trips for 2010

Watching the Weather Channel with my mother this afternoon just wet my appetite for traveling and planning trips. It seems like each time I watch the Food Network or the Travel Channel or see a feature on another part of the country on the Weather Channel, I feel like having an adventure.
So I took a few minutes to think over where I may go in 2010. I have been a consistent traveler since 1992, but have only been planning trips since 2007. I've been to a lot of places over the last two and a half years and even though nothing is in motion yet for 2010, I'm sure I will find my way to interesting places I've never been before.
My main goal for 2010 is to visit Texas for the first time in my life. I'm thinking of a week and a half long trip from Chicago to Houston and back. On the way there, I would stop in Memphis, TN and see Graceland because I am a huge Elvis fan. I would also stop in Dallas, TX and go to a Texas Rangers game and hopefully a Dallas Cowboys preseason game. I hear the new Cowboys Stadium is suppose to be the best in the NFL. I hope to get a chance to find out if it's better than Lucas Oil Stadium. In Houston, I'm looking forward to going to Galveston and seeing the Gulf of Mexico as well as, od course, a Houston Astros game.
On the way back, I will come back through Louisiana and Mississippi because I want to see as many areas of the country as possible.
I also want to take a few short trips as well. But not sure about the destinations.

1 comment:

  1. I also need to plan a day in Milwaukee. Even though it is only a two hour drive from Chicago, I have never really visited Milwaukee as a tourist. I have been there for Bucks and Brewers game and visited Marquette in high school, but never as a tourist. I will have to take a tour of one of the beer factories.
    A weekend trip to New York is on my list of things to do every year. I want to spend more time in Brooklyn and the Flatiron District when I am there this year.

    ReplyDelete