Sports, Movies, Features, History, Travel, TV, Churches




Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A day in the (National) Park

Even more than the three days I would spend in Washington, DC, I was looking forward to Tuesday, August 24. That was the day I planned to spend touring the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah River Valley in Shenandoah National Park. It did not turn out to be what I thought it would, but was a very memorable day nonetheless.
One word that could describe the day was fog. I have never seen more fog than I did while cruising down Skyline Drive, from Front Royal to Luray, Virginia. I liked the effect it had, and was responsible for a lot of great pictures, but I feel I missed out on some of the better scenery of the eastern half of the United States.
I enjoyed seeing the Luray Caverns, the small towns of Virginia and walking down to the actual Shenandoah River. It was a great day for scenery too, but I wish it wasn't as overcast as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment