Sports, Movies, Features, History, Travel, TV, Churches




Saturday, July 31, 2010

Camp Randall - Madison, Wisc.


MADISON, Wisc. - One of the best parts of my road trip to Minnesota two weeks ago was that I was allowed to go on the patio at the University of Wisconsin bookstore. A patio that was right on the field level of Camp Randall Stadium, the home of the Wisconsin Badgers football team. I stayed there for a few minutes trying to think of how great this place must be in the fall.
The people of Madison were very friendly, waving to my friend and I even though they did not know us and that it was clear we were not regulars or students on the campus.
It seems like a nice college town and I could see why it would be ranked on the top five college football atmospheres. I would love to go there in the fall when the Badgers have a home game.
Both of their main sports venues, Camp Randall and the Kohl Center, are without a doubt better than what they currently have at the University of Illinois.
Madison is also the capital of Wisconsin, with a huge U.S. Capitol-like building marked as the city's center.

No comments:

Post a Comment