Sports, Movies, Features, History, Travel, TV, Churches




Thursday, July 15, 2010

My 2010 ESPY votes

I really like ESPN's idea of having a yearly sports awards show, although I do not agree with many of their nominations and how they value New York and Boston teams like its their home town and completely ignore Chicago accomplishments. (How was Jonathan Toews not a candidate for NHL player of the year?) I liked the show last night, Seth Meyers was very funny. I just wish the Blackhawks had more than one nomination and the Saints had less than six. Oh well, here is who I voted for in some of my favorite categories.

Male Athlete of the Year: Kobe Bryant (NBA)
Female Athlete of the Year: Diana Taurasi (WNBA)
Breakthrough Athlete: Stephen Strasburg (MLB)
Record breaking performance: Isner/Mahut tennis match
Upset of the Year: Yang over Woods
Game of the Year: Twins over Tigers in AL Central tiebreaker, final game at Metrodome
Moment of the Year: Landon Donovan goal for U.S. against Algeria
Team of the Year: Chicago Blackhawks
Coach of the Year: Mike Krzyzewski
MLB Player: Albert Pujols
NFL Player: Peyton Manning
NHL Player: Ryan Miller
NBA Player: Kevin Durant
Fighter: Manny Pacqiao
College Athletes of the Year: Garrett Wittels (Baseball)
Megan Hodge (Volleyball)

No comments:

Post a Comment